Gospel Outreach Canada (GOC) assists in missions of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) Church in overseas locations where local revenue is insufficient to achieve the goals of said mission.
GOC signs an Agency Agreement with each Mission/Conference, whereby the Mission/Conference undertakes to use all funds received from GOC in harmony with the agreement. The Mission/Conference is to use the said funds to select local indigenous Bible workers who know the language and culture of the people with whom they work. The Mission/Conference, furthermore, is responsible to train and supervise the Bible workers in the objectives of the SDA Church.
GOC undertakes to supply to the Mission/Conference funds as provided under the Agency Agreement to support the Bible workers in the form of stipends and related allowance. The Mission/Conference in turn is required to provide quarterly reports to GOC including an accounting of all funds received from GOC and the activities of the workers under this program.
The vision of Gospel Outreach Canada (GOC) is to foster Jesus’ vision by seeing “this gospel of the kingdom being preached to the whole world as a testimony to all nations” (Matthew 24:14).
Through faith, prayer, and the power of the Holy Spirit, we will continually strive to expand the number of indigenous workers in Africa, empowering them to spread the good news of the gospel in many unentered areas of the African section of the 10/40 Window and prepare a people for the soon return of Jesus.
“Nobody is going anywhere until the gospel has gone everywhere”
Our mission is to bring cost-effective evangelism to the 10/40 Window in Africa by enabling the indigenous Gospel Outreach Canada evangelists to spread the gospel in unentered communities.
The 10/40 Window, which embraces nearly 70 countries, is a challenging region. Predominant religions include Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism. There’s a large nonreligious block as well.
The 10/40 Window is located between 10 degrees and 40 degrees north latitude. The term was coined by Christian missionary strategist Luis Bush in 1990 to help identify the area of the world least reached by the gospel story.
Many of the countries have multiple languages and dialects. Poverty and illiteracy are ways of life for the majority.
Gospel Outreach Canada is focused on Africa:
Gospel Outreach Canada is a branch of Gospel Outreach USA (goaim.org). Gospel Outreach USA was established in 1990, and Gospel Outreach Canada was registered as a not-for-profit corporation in 1996.
Directive to accomplish the mission:
- Gospel Outreach Canada (GOC) administrators and staff are VOLUNTEERS
- GOC raises monies that are sent to Adventist Mission/Conference offices that hire and supervise NATIONAL evangelists to spread the gospel in unreached communities.
Gospel Outreach Canada has the following goals for the overseas Missions/Conferences and Evangelists:
- The Adventist Local Mission/Conference (The Mission/Conference) and Gospel Outreach Evangelist (GOE) determine the unreached village or area for the evangelist to work.
- The Mission trains and supervises the GOE.
- GOC supplies funds to the Mission for the GOE’s stipend, medical assistance, housing, and literature.
- The GOE is to work in unreached areas. When a congregation is established and self-sufficient, the GOE is sent to another unreached area, usually after three to five years.
- GOC oversees the operations by sending volunteer country Directors from North America to audit, counsel, and review progress with the Missions/Conferences and GOE’s.
Why Should I Care?
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come” (Matthew 24:14).
The world population exceeds 7.4 billion people. More than 3 billion haven’t had a chance to hear the gospel, according to recent estimates. Nearly all of the unreached (97%) live in the 10/40 Window, making this region the final frontier for sharing the gospel message.
In light of the Great Commission, and given these numbers, you might think that Christians would be prioritizing evangelism in the 10/40 Window; but this isn’t the case—at least not at the moment. For example, evangelistic spending in the 10/40 Window barely qualifies as a blip—one-tenth of 1 percent (0.001) of church-related budgets.*
“There is enough evangelism taking place today to reach the world dozens of times. Unfortunately, most of it is happening among people who have already heard the gospel,” says K. P. Yohannan, founder of Gospel for Asia.
“In all candor and to our continuing shame, let us admit that the world’s perishing unreached people are very seldom mentioned or thought about in almost all churches,” says Phil Bogosian, director of the Adopt-a-People Campaign, an organization that focuses on reaching the unreached.
As followers of Jesus who love Him and claim a desire to do His bidding, we must confront these sobering questions:
- What am I doing to fulfill the Great Commission, not just within my community, but on a global scale?
- What is my church doing?
- Am I focused on this region of the world that so desperately needs to hear the story of Jesus?
- If not, why not?
- If not now, when?
* World Christian Trends (William Carey Library Pub: 2003), p. 661
Why Should I Help?
Every day 66,000 people die with no knowledge of Jesus.
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves” (James 1:22, NKJV).
The game is on. The stakes are eternal. There’s no time to sit on the sidelines. Through Gospel Outreach Canada you can share Jesus around the world, help fulfill the Great Commission and hasten the Second Coming of Jesus.
Millions and millions of honest-hearted people are searching. They need hope. They need the Saviour. You are part of the answer.
The Great Commission “Go ye” isn’t a suggestion or an invitation from the Lord to be taken or left at will; it’s an imperative wrapped in the promise of partnership and guaranteed fulfillment. Are we simply people of the pew, who socialize and do church? Or are we actively participating in a God-ordained search-and-rescue mission with a global–not just local–focus?
5 Good Reasons to Take Action Now:
- To share the promise of eternal life with your brothers and sisters worldwide.
- To hasten Jesus’ return by fulfilling His commission. After all, He’s asked you to do it.
- To raise awareness of personal racism and prejudice and by God’s grace to overcome it.
- To deepen your relationship with God and to grow your faith.
- To revitalize and strengthen your local church.
- Fact: 2.84 billion people have never been introduced to Jesus
- Fact: 97% of these people live in the 10/40 Window
- Question: Are you willing to step out, putting faith into action to make a difference?
- Question: Do you really want Jesus to come?
Jesus wasn’t complacent about people’s needs. He took action, and we must too. No matter who you are, what job you have, how old you are, what health you’re in or what resources you have to draw on, one thing is sure: You can make a difference for eternity!
We kindly request your support in advancing our mission by donating directly. Your contribution, no matter the size, will have a profound impact on the work we do and the lives we touch. Through your generosity, we can continue to make a positive difference in our community and beyond.
In addition to making a direct donation, we encourage you to consider participating in our Adopt-a-Worker program, providing personalized support and empowering individuals to thrive.